Discover how the gift of flowers can evoke feelings of happiness and promote well-being
It’s important to note that flowers are the perfect gift – for any occasion! The gift of flowers goes beyond just something pretty to look at. They have the power to simply make us happy!
Flowers and Feelings
Various studies have credited flowers’ colors and fragrances to evoking the feeling of happiness, satisfaction, and positive social behavior in the recipient. Common sense has always told us that flowers make others happy from the bright smiles and cheers from recipients, but the science behind the influence on internal emotions from receiving flowers has been proven.
The Emotions That Flowers Give
- Boost Happiness
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- Create Emotional Bonds
- Encourage Creativity
- Promote Feeling of Achievement
- Enhance Sleep Pattern
- Improve Cognitive Function
- Provide Comfort
Four Things to Include in Flowers Bouquet to Effect Feelings
- Yellow and orange color variants in flowers are known for antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that help speed up recovery. Red color variants encourage concentration and attention to detail, while blues encourage creativity and open thinking.
- The scent of lavender acts as a stress reliever and promotes calmness in the body.
- Roses produce the release of oxytocin in the body, being a symbol of love and care.
- The larger the bouquet, the larger the effect. Just being around flowers positively affects one’s mood.
Flowers, Feelings, and Mental Health
Nature has an incredible effect on mood and mental well-being. Gifting flowers is noted to improve emotional health overall. Flowers are a natural and healthy way to help manage day-to-day moods and increase or encourage positivity.
Have you wondered why people keep greenery and flowers around their houses? Nature is known to help reduce stress and anxiety and free you from the everyday worries of life. Those who suffer from anxiety, depression, or any other mental health challenges are strongly encouraged to surround their personal space with flowers to increase joy.
Not only have studies shown that receiving flowers acts as a mental health booster, but arranging and sending flowers positively affects your mood from the calming sense of creation and the joy from gifting.
Coming soon, Royse City Emergency Hospital will provide the community with 24/7 medical care, featuring expert-level care and a patient-centered environment with little to no wait times. Our state-of-the-art emergency room facility with advanced testing capabilities is committed to the complete well-being of our community through advanced adult and pediatric emergency care.
Disclaimer: As a service to our readers, Royse City Emergency Hospital and Nutex Health state no content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinicians.